Dream Green on Black Friday!
Black Friday has become one of the biggest shopping days of the year. It is hard to resist the shopping frenzy that inspires the day.
However buying lots of new stuff just isn’t good for the earth. It depends on how it was made, how far it’s travelled, and how it ends its life.
“Even free stuff has a price. Remember, plastic, like a puppy, is for life.” Tisha Brown, Oceans Campaigner for Greenpeace UK.
Think before you shop and buy what you need.
Our Top Tips:
1) Shopping Bags, take your own! The use of the average plastic bag is just 12 minutes, so pull them out from under the sink!
2) Support small and local businesses. The discounts may be smaller but you will be supporting the local economy and likely the goods will be produced locally.
3) Choose eco-friendly brands that think on their environmental impact. Opt for slow delivery in as few packages as possible. Here is a round up of some of our favourite online Black Friday deals:
4) Our pet peeve. Packaging. Even eco-friendly toys and products can be wrapped in single-use plastic. Ask and avoid, ask and avoid!
5) Go out with friends! Friends can: